Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Good morning world!

Got up this morning with a happy realization that the bandhs are over but with a little twist of melancholy that it’s back to the grind. Yes back to the seriousness of the daily mundane life. Like I love saying on the radio , “paapi pet ko sawaal”.

But the bandh did affect all of us. Media reported that with the bandh, the streets were dead. I think the streets came alive with the bandh. And I am not talking about the protests. People walked on the streets. Vendors could be seen every where. Vendors selling colourful baloons. Vendors selling clothes. And most of all vendors selling peanuts and gram (channa). Almost every walking individual had this funnel shaped rolled paper with gram in it. I am sure in a bandh day, Nepalese devour a few tonnes of gram. Lol

So some friends did read my blog after all. Its kinda exciting writing here. And I hope it’s more than just my beginner’s enthusiasm . I still am trying to figure out things though….should I be writing this for/to myself or to my audience? Should this be like a diary ? But a diary makes no sense if its open to all. A diary should be private and confidential and should only be published if you are famous. Like Anne Frank.

I have a very close friend who is very serious about her diary….she even has a name for it. Or should I say him/her..? lol

So here I am in a bandhless morning trying to work and make a living and yet having this constant quick flashbacks of yersterday when time had no meaning and the sun was so wonderfully mellow warm and oranges were such a perfect combination of sweetness and sour !

C’est la vie!

2 comments: