Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Day of Bandh

okay....so I start my blog today. My first ever blog and I choose a bandh to do this. For those of you who dont know whats a bandh....its a strike... where all shops and stores close. And no vehicles run. and people suffer. And tourists walk all the way from the airport. I even saw a tourist lady on one of these carts that is used to carry sacks and stuff....she was sitting on it with her bare feet dangling. She must have taken her shoes off after walking all the way. She had this look of amazement and dismay all over her face! This bandh was a three day long event. I walked to the radio station yesterday and recorded my shows. And when i came out i saw a foreigner taking a picture of a huge dump of waste. Well this is a bandh..... though we have waste dumps almost everyday. i had this huge feeling of guilt and embarrassment when i saw this foreigner taking this picture. I wanted to stop her but I didnt. I couldnt. She probably has this picture uploaded on facebook or maybe a blog like this one.
I am hoping this blog will make me and inspire me to write more because everytime I have an option whether to write or paint i have chosen to paint. This is because painting is more fun. I hope i have fun writing on this. Will anybody read this ? I dont know.....

6 comments:

  1. i did it too. hope to read more.. :) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad and embracing anecdote to start off. hope to read more positive notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Dreamsky....thanks a lot for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. join the club chirag dai...writing will be fun too, well u'll be saying it soon after u'll get addicted to writing...hope so..

    ReplyDelete