Saturday, January 2, 2010

Contemplation


Contemplation

One question that baffles me all the time is “what is the purpose of life?” We the Hindus and the Buddhists believe in life after death and karma. But still this does not explain the purpose of life. What is salvation? What is moksh?
Hindus believe that everything in this world is superficial. A world of maya. But then don’t you sometimes wonder why God sent us down to this world of maya? Since we are supposed to be His children. Scriptures from different religions have different approaches. Some religions don’t believe in life after death. The evidence that there is life after death is somewhat proved in Buddhism when Rimpoche’s are reborn.
There is another question that tags along with my first one. “Why is there so much suffering?” Well, an explanation to that would be that, with suffering , you realize the value of joy. The bad elements are found in this earth to balance the good. Suffering is there to make us realize the importance of happiness. But then I come back to my question- “ If we are God’s children, why does he make us suffer?” This is the question, whose answer Prince Siddartha sought and finally became the Buddha. But he could never give us the answer. He could just show us the ways he found the answer. All God realized souls admit that it is a difficult path. They say it’s a “pathless path”.
I believe in the energy that we have as God. The fact that I am able to write this is God. The names we have given to trees, fruits, the sky, water, earth, plant…..everything are the names given by us. What do they really stand for? I think this is what the Hindus call “Tatt”…..I am Tatt, you are Tatt, the plant is Tatt….we are all the same.
I also believe that our individual soul or the Aatma is but a tiny chunk of the biggest and the purest of all souls or Paramatma. My soul is like a bulb lighted in the current that lights a billion bulbs. Maybe this is why when we breathe we say “So- Hum” or “I am That”.
They say I will have realized God when I will have realized who I really am. For a human or a man are terms invented by us.

I am Tatt.

No comments:

Post a Comment